Please support me in the Tour de Cure!
In August 2023 Lawrence and I, under our team Team Larry and Curly, will once again ride our bikes to raise funds for cancer research. But really, the only important part of the challenge is fundraising.
We have raised funds and ridden every year since the event began in 2009, with the exception of a year the event was cancelled due to covid. We will be back in full force in 2023 with a 2 day event in the Fraser Valley, ending in Hope B.C. - how appropriate! An exciting milestone for Lawrence and I is that, thanks to friends, family, and colleagues, we will surpass $100,000 raised by our team over the years. As of fall 2022 we are at $99,286.
I hope you will join me on the journey by making a gift to the BC Cancer Foundation. You can do so by clicking on the red box that says DONATE.
In doing so, you will support world-leading scientists and clinicians at BC Cancer who are:
- Leading ground-breaking work in Genomics to solve the greatest challenges in cancer resistance and to find targeted therapies for the hardest to treat cancers
- Actively engaging patients in more than 100 clinical trials each year to improve outcomes.
- Developing new technologies to advance early detection in lung cancer
- Expanding critical cancer care throughout the province, supporting patients closer to home
- Integrating the latest technology into clinics to advance precision therapy
Thank you so much for your support!