Team Blood Sweat and Cures is a team made of members and supporters of the Centre for Lymphoid Cancer (CLC).
The Centre for Lymphoid Cancer was established in 2002 under the direction of Drs. Joseph Connors and Randy Gascoyne at BC Cancer, and it comprises an interdisciplinary team of world-leading lymphoid cancer experts including treating clinicians, hematopathologists, scientists, bioinformaticians, epidemiologists and health economists. Our mission is to improve the outcomes of patients suffering from lymphoid cancers.
This year, Team Blood Sweat and Cures, will be riding as a team doing 50km, 100km or 160km. Each member has a goal to raise $1000 toward cancer research.
Team Blood Sweat and Cures is raising money to directly support the Centre for Lymphoid Cancer. The Centre for Lymphoid Cancer focuses on improving patient outcomes and quality of life through:
- Discovering and characterizing disease biology leading to lymphoid cancer
- Implementing biomarker assays in the publicly funded health care system
- Maintaining high quality research in order to understand the impact of therapeutic strategies.
- Supporting the CLC Biobank program and the CLC clinical and pathology databases
- Maintaining high-level productivity in translational research.
- Sustaining collaborations with the national and international community and clinical trial groups to enhance and foster our research program.
We are so excited to have the opportunity to do something we love and be able to support research that we are passionate about.
This is your opportunity to do something challenging and rewarding. And you wont do it alone.
Cancer doesnt stop, neither will we.
Please join us or donate today!
The BC Cancer Foundation is the largest charitable funder of cancer research in the province, supporting leading-edge cancer research at BC Cancer whose mission is to:
Reduce the incidence of cancer
Reduce the mortality rate of people with cancer
Improve the quality of life of people living with cancer